banner
XboxMAD - TwitterXboxMAD - FacebookXboxMAD - YoutubeXboxMAD - RSS

Xbox One Future Features & Improvements

This is the place to discuss ALL THINGS XBOX, and anything gaming related! Xbox Music, Xbox Video, Xbox games, Xbox 360, and ultimately XBOX ONE!

Re: Xbox One Future Features & Improvements

Postby BeeDizz » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:22 pm

Here's a couple things added to the April update. The friends notification wasn't in the first wave, but they did a few little things. A new "Volume" blade under "Display & Sound" that adds a Sound Mixer that allows you adjust the main volume coming from the Xbox as well as adjust the sound between a game and a snapped app separately. Also added a Chat Mixer that allows you to adjust the volume of other sounds when using the Kinect to chat. They've also added a little controller symbol next to players on your friends list that are "joinable" in whatever game they are playing. And apps that have updates now have little stars on them.

Resized Image - Click For Actual Size

BeeDizz
MVP
MVP

Postby Jez » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:07 am

I love the rapid updates we're seeing.

Jez
Staff
Staff

Postby jamesb2000 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:28 am

Does anyone think Microsoft will ever make it so that using smart glass we can mirror the game play from the TV to a laptop/tablet?

jamesb2000
MVP
MVP

Postby SuperJoon » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:56 am

jamesb2000 wrote:Does anyone think Microsoft will ever make it so that using smart glass we can mirror the game play from the TV to a laptop/tablet?

This is what i was thinking. Remote play on another screen through Smart Glass. Not sure how the tech works for it, and whether Sony had planned this all along with the Vita, and whether it would be doable through Tablets.

Think the only problem with Tablets would be (specially Android) the different specs. Would MS need to make there own device to do it with? A Smart Glass device to mirror the play?

This would excite me, and it wouldn't surprise me if MS have already planned it/gone through with it. Specially as PS4 and Wii U can both remote play. Non of them like to be left out of the loop or behind on the competition.

I think E3 may hold some answers... Maybe not this year, but potentially next year?

SuperJoon
MVP
MVP

Postby Kobasko » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:18 am

One of the biggest things for me is multi select on the upload clips, so we can delete all the 'punched it out' clips from Fifa.

I like the coming updates! Can't wait for upload straight to youtube!
Kobasko
Staff
Staff

Postby BeeDizz » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:01 pm

jamesb2000 wrote:Does anyone think Microsoft will ever make it so that using smart glass we can mirror the game play from the TV to a laptop/tablet?

I doubt it. I think they would have to go along the ways of creating their own specific device if they went that route. Smartglass NOW doesn't work across all platforms. Only 1 companion app actually works on my Windows Phone. Only ONE. And my sons brand new Galaxy tablet has the same problems. Some stuff works, some stuff isn't supported. I've had Smartglass since it launched for the 360. And its never been anything more than a glorified mobile app for Xbox.com. It works great on my laptop, but that's not what I really wanted it for. The IDEA of Smartglass is great. But they don't seem too concerned about making it great across all platforms.

BeeDizz
MVP
MVP

Postby Kobasko » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:16 pm

BeeDizz wrote:

I doubt it. I think they would have to go along the ways of creating their own specific device if they went that route. Smartglass NOW doesn't work across all platforms. Only 1 companion app actually works on my Windows Phone. Only ONE. And my sons brand new Galaxy tablet has the same problems. Some stuff works, some stuff isn't supported. I've had Smartglass since it launched for the 360. And its never been anything more than a glorified mobile app for Xbox.com. It works great on my laptop, but that's not what I really wanted it for. The IDEA of Smartglass is great. But they don't seem too concerned about making it great across all platforms.

I've never had a problem with smartglass,dead rising worked fine, as did ryse and battlefield, that's on ipad though!
Kobasko
Staff
Staff

Postby BeeDizz » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:35 am

Kobasko wrote:
BeeDizz wrote:

I've never had a problem with smartglass,dead rising worked fine, as did ryse and battlefield, that's on ipad though!

Because that device is supported. And that's just ONE tablet. Smartglass doesn't even support all tablets yet, let alone phones. It's just not ready to be a full on system when in it's limited form now they can't get it to work on everything. It's just the fragmentation of so many devices. Which is why it IS fully supported on iPad and Windows 8.1 and not Windows Phone. I was always wondering if they were going to try making the Surface the "go to" device for Smartglass. But it seems like they're happy with keeping it in it's current form just supporting whatever they can regardless of limitations. I do love it on my laptop. I just wish I had more freedom with it on my Phone really. Or that my son could get more out of it with his BRAND NEW Galaxy tablet without having to take into account what does or doesn't work.

BeeDizz
MVP
MVP

Postby Kobasko » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:57 am

Because that device is supported. And that's just ONE tablet. Smartglass doesn't even support all tablets yet, let alone phones. It's just not ready to be a full on system when in it's limited form now they can't get it to work on everything. It's just the fragmentation of so many devices. Which is why it IS fully supported on iPad and Windows 8.1 and not Windows Phone. I was always wondering if they were going to try making the Surface the "go to" device for Smartglass. But it seems like they're happy with keeping it in it's current form just supporting whatever they can regardless of limitations. I do love it on my laptop. I just wish I had more freedom with it on my Phone really. Or that my son could get more out of it with his BRAND NEW Galaxy tablet without having to take into account what does or doesn't work.

I think it could have something to do with the fees of the App Store, seeing as if it's a bad product on apple no one will buy it, therefore it creates no revenue for them, they will be as ignorant as ever about ones with lower costs!
Kobasko
Staff
Staff

Previous

Return to Xbox & Gaming General